Thursday 17 October 2013

Today...

Today I went to Bude again. Just for the day, just to say hello.




I met up with Mum, and my lovely Aunt and Uncle.



Bude has been a constant in my life since I was little, and as some of you know, Dad's ashes are scattered there, which makes it an even more special place. 


The weather was just beautiful. Skies were blue and the sun was warm. There really is nothing better than being by the sea on a day like today. The space, the smell, the sound. I closed my eyes and stopped still, reflecting.


Whenever I arrive back in Bude, I really do feel like I've come home. 



1 comment:

  1. Oh my god, now I'm homesick Helen! Time for me to pop home to see my mum too & wander along the canal & cliffs where I spent my entire childhood. Thank you for that reminder xx

    ReplyDelete